chips and dip for taco night

So here is my contribution to Foodie Friday - I'm not sure if I am posting this right so forgive me please if you see it twice! Foodie Friday is at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/ , thanks for hosting!
Tonight was "taco night" at the request (for a week) of my 4 year old, Noah. To go with the traditional taco fare I made a dip for tortilla chips out of some very good fresh salsa from the produce section at Publix, and not so good for you (but delicious) Velveeta cheese.



So I cubed the velveeta and mixed it in the salsa, then heated it about 45 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring in between. It's very easy to cook too much, so be vigilant.
We all love the Tostitos with a hint of lime, I use them every time I do a mexican style dip or salsa.
I hope you liked this, it's a first try for me - I realized as I put this up that I didn't take a picture of the completed dip! Next time. . .
By the way, it's also great with Rotelle - that canned tomatoes & green chili mixture. Sometimes I add frozen spinach (defrosted and drained). This is a wonderful dip to serve for munching while watching a football game too! Note: the Velveeta can easily overwhelm the dish so be judicious in your use of it!




Comments

  1. Uhmmmm, I will have to try that. Looks pretty simple and I love simple food preparation. I recognize a Polish pottery bowl!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this dip! Everybody should try it...it's so simple and beyond delicious! Come see my Norwegian Fruit Bread recipe...perfect for the holidays! Happy Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT!!! and EASY!!! dip. THANKS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave a comment, I love reading them and I love getting to know you!